Matson, Robert M.
- Bankruptcy Law
Rob has been practicing bankruptcy law for over twenty two years. He has represented individuals and small businesses to help them get their debts under control. He is admitted to practice in all Bankruptcy Courts in Georgia and has practiced before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the Georgia Supreme Court. In addition to representing Debtors, he is a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee and a Subchapter V Trustee under the newly enacted Small Business Reorganization Act (SBRA). Rob is also the only Board Certified Expert in Consumer Bankruptcy in Middle Georgia.
Rob Matson has been a member of the Georgia Bar since 1997. Rob attended Oxford College of Emory University where he achieved his A.A. in 1991. He then went on to attend Emory University, achieving his B.A. in 1993. Rob completed his education at Mercer University in Macon Georgia, achieving his J.D. in 1997. Rob is a member of the Bankruptcy Section of the State Bar of Georgia, the Macon Bar Association, and the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Rob has also completed the requirements of the American Board of Certification and is now recognized by the American Board of Certification as a Board Certified Expert in Consumer Bankruptcy Law. The American Board of Certification is co-sponsored by The American Bankruptcy Institute and the Commercial Law League of America, and it is dedicated to serving the public and improving the quality of the Bankruptcy Bar. Rob is the only board certified expert in consumer bankruptcy law in Macon and Warner Robins.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D - 1997
- Emory University
- B.A - 1993
- Oxford College of Emory University
- A.A. - 1991
- Georgia, 1997
- Superior Courts of the State of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, Bankruptcy Section
- Macon Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Chapter 7 Panel Trustee, Middle District of Georgia
- Subchapter V Panel Trustee, Middle District of Georgia
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Board member of The Middle District of Georgia Bankruptcy Law Institute, Inc.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Expert in Consumer Bankruptcy Law, American Board of Certification, 2009
Current Employment Position