Webster, Joy R.
- Bankruptcy Law
Joy is a 1978 graduate of Griffin Spalding High School and earned a Bachelor of Arts degrees in Business Administration and English, Cum Laude, from Tift College in 1982. She was awarded a Juris Doctor degree from the Walter F. George School of Law on June 2, 1985. Joy started her legal career representing the indigent and elderly as part of the Georgia Legal Services Program. She began her Bankruptcy Practice in May of 1989 as an attorney for the United States Trustee’s Office. In 1993, she returned to her roots of representing those in need when she entered private practice handling primarily Consumer and Small Business Debtor cases. Joy has been a partner in the firm of Akin, Webster & Matson, P.C. since 1994. In 1996, she was added to the Panel of Chapter 7 Trustees and continues to serve as Chapter 7 Trustee. During her tenure as Chapter 7 Trustee, she has been appointed to cases in the Middle, Southern and Northern Districts of Georgia. Joy has served as Chapter 11 Trustee in the Middle District of Georgia and operating Chapter 7 Trustee in both the Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia.
Joy has served as Chairperson, of the Local Rules Committee for the Middle District of Georgia for the last eight years. She also serves on the Executive Board of the Homer Drake Bankruptcy American Inn of Court and as a Director on the Board of the Middle District of Georgia Bankruptcy Law Institute.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 1985
- Tift College
- B.A. - 1982
- Georgia, 1986
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, Bankruptcy Section
- Macon Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Member
- Middle District of Georgia Bankruptcy Law Institute, Inc., Board of Directors Member
- Middle District of Georgia, Chair, Advisory Committee on Local Rules
Current Employment Position